BOM Flowers

BOM Flowers
I love quilts

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stalled projects don't keep a good quilter down

I was working on the final border of my Block of the Month and ran out of fabric. In trying to do a good deed, I took left over fabric to my sister's to make a purse for our other sister. Turns out I needed some of that fabric and so I had to order another half yard. Just a $10 mistake, but it stalled that project. So then I started working on a panel quilt for Mary's nephew's upcoming baby. I was quilting the background of each block of the panel. I thought I had finished with about 8" of the varigated thread left, but when I showed it to Mary, I had missed one block. Now I needed more of the thread - stalled project #3. My next project was a baby quilt for my niece. I had the panel, but had never ordered fabric for sashing and borders, so I ordered that and chalked up stalled project #4. Could I wait until something came? NO, I had to start a quilted headboard cover. So that is started and now, I have replaced the thread and received all the fabric, so now I have FOUR projects to work on. So you should see some completed pictures soon. I'm moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment