BOM Flowers

BOM Flowers
I love quilts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Long Break


I have not posted to this blog for a few months. It's not that I've have not been sewing at all, but I haven't finished anything completely until yesterday. I did a little gift sewing over the winter. I made Mug Rugs in February and some grocery totes in March. I've also been knitting. I finished a little Schnibbles Quilt and it is pictured here. The Schnibbles are designed by Miss Rosie Quilts, who defines a schnibble as follows: Schnibble: noun A scrap of fabric; a leftover bit of cloth; a small piece. The word has a German origin and is found primarily in German settlements in the Midwest. These are little quilts, less than a yard square. This one is hanging in the powder room. I also have another quilt completed except for the binding. And I have another on the design wall.

I'm sorry to have missed the Red and White Quilt Show in NYC last weekend. The pictures on blogs make it look breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment