BOM Flowers

BOM Flowers
I love quilts

Friday, December 26, 2014

A week at the Beach

Early in 2014, I was invited to go to Virginia Beach area, Sandbridge Beach, for a week of sewing with nine other ladies. I was not convinced that I could sew all day for a week, but I decided to give it a try. It was a lot of fun. After an 8 hour drive, unpacking the car, carrying everything in and setting it all up, we started to sew! Yes, that very day, we sewed for several hours. I made 3 quilt tops that week and finished the binding on two more. It was fun to see what everyone else was making and it was nice to have no other obligations. I was responsible for one meal and other than that, I showed up at meal time for a wonderful meal. Here are the projects I sewed on the retreat. The blue and brown one was given to my nephew, Jeff, for Christmas 2014 and the zoo animal print flannel one was made for my niece as a gift to her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment