BOM Flowers

BOM Flowers
I love quilts

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pioneapple Quilt

Last summer Becky, from my quilt guild, taught a Saturday class in making Pineapple Blocks using the Gyleen Fitzgerald method and ruler. I made a few that day and put everything away. I was determined to not let this be a UFO forever, so I got everything out after Christmas and made 20 blocks. They are a little tedious to make because you have to trim after each round, but they come out nice. When the blocks were finished and sewn together, the quilt seemed so dark and dreary to me. I go for bright colors. But a friend suggested picking up the lighter colors with a brighter border, and that worked wonders. I really love the final product, and maybe I'll even make more pineapple blocks in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment