BOM Flowers

BOM Flowers
I love quilts

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Some Quickie Projects

My friend, Sue, gave me 6 beautiful 1/2 yards of red and white batik fabrics. I thought a lot about what to make with them because I didn't want to cut them into small pieces and lose the pattern. So I finally decided to do what I usually do with big prints, make pillowcases. Since these were 1/2 yard pieces, I had to improvise a little, but I think they are very cute and will be great to use next Christmas. Then I decided to make a little card wallet. Since I now have a Medicare card, a regular insurance card, eye insurance card, dental insurance card and a couple of cards having to do with my knee replacement, I needed a separate card holder. It came out okay, but could be better and neater if I made a second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment