BOM Flowers

BOM Flowers
I love quilts

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Houston International Quilt Show

I've always wanted to go to Houston to the BIG quilt show. Last year we didn't travel too much because I had knee surgery in July, so by November I was ready to go somewhere. We went to Houston for a long weekend, and I got to see the show. The quilts were indescribable and the 1100 vendors had everything a quilter could want and lots of things you didn't even know you wanted or needed. The highlight was a class that I took from Melinda Bula. I had first seen her work in 2008 when I went to Asilomar, and it is exquisite. It is fused flowers and she outlines for you each piece of fabric and the colors (from her hand dyed fabric) that you use to construct the blossom. I finished laying out and fusing mine when I returned home, and a picture of it is here. However, now, in March 2014 when I started to do the thread painting on it, things are not going so well. The stitching is slipping and I can't figure out the cause. More to come as I play with trying to get this finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment